Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A disclaimer.......

So I have been thinking about a few things I want to share that might help explain my heart and intentions for this blog. One thing I want to say is I am aware that some who read may be on the same page and totally understand where I am coming from and others may not be on the same page at all and struggle with what I might be sharing since it may contradict things in their line of thinking. All my posts are written based on what I am going through, processing or learning, mostly in regards to my faith in Christ. I would want anyone who reads anything to understand that I don't think I have got it all figured out, nor may everything I say be totally accurate, although I am extremely careful and try to post the truth of God's Word as he is revealing it to me personally. I would encourage all to go and search the Scripture for themselves led by the Holy Spirit. 1 John 2:27 says "But as for you, the annointing which you received from Him abides in you; then you have no need that anyone should instruct you. But just as His annointing teaches you concerning everything and is true and is no falsehood, so you must abide in Him, just as His annointing has taught you to do." We have an annointing as Christians to discern. I spent too many years listening to other people and false doctrines to not be sensitive to this issue any more. In addition we have an enemy who is "the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night..." Yes Satan can sway our thoughts! Also, we need to test everything - I never did that, I never questioned what I was taught, not really!!
I am totally open to receiving feedback, comments, and other points of view - I really only desire to see the truth of God's grace be shared...........

1 comment:

Joel B. said...

This is a very humble disclaimer. :) I have the same type of thoughts, in that I don't ever want to come across as if I think I have it all together or that I know it all, while at the same time hopefully 'rightly dividing' the Word of Truth in a way that truly glorifies God as He lives in and through me.

I'm really enjoying the thoughts you share here.