Wednesday, December 26, 2007

In your freedom .....

Recently a friend of mine told me about a christian worship band by the name of Hillsong. She said their lyrics were full of grace. So I had to check them out. I have been in a little closed box for years when it comes to the variety of christian music out there..but I am ready, oh so ready for a change. Anyway, I have been listening to the "Live" cd and enjoying it very much. I love the simple straightforward lyrics that focus on the Lord. They all seem to speak of the Gospel, our freedom in Christ, dwelling in God's presence and lifting up the name that is above all names, Jesus Christ and his redeeming blood.....!! This is my plug for Hillsong, I definitely recommend their worship. If you are anything like me, good worship, focusing on the Lord can transform your mind in moments....I love that! Here are the lyrics to one of the songs, I just can't get enough of, it's called "In Your Freedom."


"I search for You. God of strength. I bow to You. In my brokenness. No other king could have so humbly come. To save my soul. And heal my heart. I have nothing more. Than all You offer me. There is nothing else. That's of worth to me. CHORUS: I love You Lord. You rescued me. You are all that I want. You're all I need. I pray to you. God of peace. I rest in You. My cares released. In Your freedom I will live. In Your freedom I will live. I offer devotion. I offer devotion."

I just love the chorus, it grips my heart and I can't hear it enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_USEArv8Ak

lydia said...

Thanks Ellie, now if I could just figure out how to get the video to play on my blog........sigh......!!

Anonymous said...

Ask Julie! :)