Wednesday, January 16, 2008

True Colors.....

True Colors, Cyndi Lauper
-I have always loved this song. I have always felt a certain childlike happiness when I hear it, if that makes any sense. And since I have come to understand my position in Christ and who God says I am I have felt free to be who He made me to be, (that's why I named my blog A Joy to be Me, also my middle name is JOY) and this song has become a song I think of often. I think it inspires and shows compassion to those who are sad(or weary, feeling lost or longing for more than just the old bump and grind) Now my kids hear this song on PBS and they love it! I guess more and more I am realizing I want to be known for who I am, not what I do. God made me unique and I want to find out who I am, for so many years I tried to be someone I wasn't...now I know that is no way to live! We all have "true" colors inside, things that are special to each one of us...don't ever let anyone make you feel like who you are isn't valuable!!! God knows what he is doing, he knit us each together just the way he wanted us to be!!!

No comments: