Saturday, October 6, 2007

Set Free!!

As Christians, those who are in Christ, we have been set free from the law of sin and death. We are no longer in bondage, or slavery to the law, we now are completely justified by Christ. Acceptable to God and given a status of joint heirs with Christ, seated on the right hand of the Father in Heaven! Our new position declares us perfectly righteous, despite our condition, we have an amazing inheritance forever!!This is the New Covenant life -freedom!
"For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse;....." Gal.3:10
"Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed...."(end of Gal. 3)
Galatians 4 talks about how we are now sons and heirs and no longer slaves
"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery" Ephesians 5:1
This is what I am coming out of, slavery, a curse, bondage to the law, because as a Christian I submitted my life back under the law. By trying to acheive my holiness through doing things I thought would make me more acceptable to God, kind of like a right way of living for God. This is not freedom, let me tell ya.(my self efforts at pleasing God are counted as rubbish-Phil. 3:3-11)
Now I understand this, by God's kind revelation, and I want to live in freedom, and walk by the Spirit! I had fallen away from grace(even though I never understood it when I became a Christian, but more on that later!)
I am called to freedom, but not to use my freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but to love and serve others. That's it!! (Galatians 5)

No comments: