Monday, October 1, 2007

What joy means to me............

Joy is elation, bliss, pleasure, ...it's explosive!! JOY is a gift, a treasure to be well guarded but enjoyed! Joy fills my belly full of butterflies!

Joy makes me want to dance and sing...Psalm 92:4 "For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy!" -Psalm 95:1 "Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!"

Joy is loud, it's noisy...Psalm 66:1 "Shout for joy to God all the earth; sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise!"

Joy is knowing the Lord and all the awesome things he has done, Psalm 4:7 "You have put more joy in my heart that they have when their grain and wine abound."

Joy is being in and experiencing the presence of God, Psalm 21:6 "For you make him most blessed forever, you make him glad with the joy of your presence."

Joy is active, it's not sit in your seat and be still -it puts a skip in your step!!

Joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit and it vibrant and active in my life!! (Galatians 5:22)

Dictionary meanings that I like
=a state of happiness of felicity
=intense and especially ecstatic or exultant happiness
=emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying

joy is passionate!!! it can't be otherwise...

Joy is contagious like laughter and good medicine for your heart!!( Prov. 17:22)

Last but not least, The Joy of the Lord is my Strength!!!! (Nehemiah 8:10)

No comments: