Saturday, November 24, 2007

the undermining power of our enemy....

I had an opportunity to stand against the devil's schemes just last night...thankfully, I realized I needed to fight him and I did and that was that! Before you think I am crazy, hear me out...I learned that in times when opposition comes at me and I don't understand it, I stop and think could this be my enemy trying to undermine the work the Holy Spirt is doing in my life? Satan wants nothing more than to stop us from knowing God more, having confidence in our inheritance in Christ, and from having joy and peace. He'd like to see us in fear and condemnation, give us panic attacks and upset our homes...! Unfortunately, all these years I have never been aware of the need to stand up to my enemy, Satan, -in fact I don't recall being taught a whole lot about spiritual warfare, why is that? It's clearly in the Bible! I have heard about putting on the armor of God, but never learned about the spiritual powers that are against me! Not really!
Anyway, Ephesians 6:10-13, be strong in the Lord; draw your strength from Him, put on God's full armor, that you might successfully stand up against the devil's schemes (or his strategies and deceits) for we are not wrestling with flesh and blood, but against the despostisms(meaning=absolute power of tyranny), against the (the master spirits who are) the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly or supernatural sphere. Therefore put on God's complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day, and, having done all (the crisis demands), to stand (firmly in your place)"
We can't ignore the simple truth that we need to stand up to our enemy, otherwise he will try to undermine our spiritual growth and make our lives miserable! The cool thing is, we can fight him, and win, cause Jesus already won the fight against Satan for us! So in Jesus name, go ahead and rebuke Satan and he will flee from you!!
I have more thoughts on this issue, but just wanted to share what was currently on my heart and mind.....if you're interested in reading a book check out, "Demolishing Strongholds." by David Devenish. This is a very eye opening, helpful book.

No comments: