Thursday, January 10, 2008

Flowing streams of living water......

I recently had a dream that I keep picturing just a portion of over and over. I honestly don't remember what the dream was about, or how I got to the part that is stuck in my mind, but I really think it's the Lord! So what I remember is this, I am sitting on a lush grassy area, in front of a beautiful rush of water with rocks jutting out here and there, the water that is flowing is full ....not a waterfall exactly, but a curve and drop in the flow of a large stream or small river....and I just keep picturing the water full and free flowing with lots of vigor.....white water crests, beautiful to behold on a gloriously sunny day, and I would say the flow was more than bubbling but not quite roaring, and I am just peacefully sitting and watching it, never tiring of it. It is so refreshing to me!
And as I was writing yesterday's post I was reminded of Never thirsting in my spirit, because I have eternal springs of water flowing from me because of Christ living in me, and His Spirit pours out of me streams of living water.....and I sit peacefully and watch as this happens, not striving, not weary to "live" the Christian life....and I just thought how cool is that. A reminder from the written Word of God, and a picture in my dreams, as I was still in my sleep, of this awesome truth!
I have really been paying close attention to my dreams of late, and just asking the Spirit to show me, reveal to me the things he is bringing to me in my dreams......


(I'm adding to the orginal post, God just brought another layer of my dream to my heart, 1/12)
I keep picturing the flowing water in that dream, I only saw myself sitting beside it the one time in my dream, but now every time I see the water, I just see the water, full and flowing and refreshing, I don't see myself anymore...and I believe God showed me, because He lives in Me, He will cause His rivers of flowing water to flow out of me, through me, to others, not because of what I do, but because I am resting in Him, by faith, I rest in what He has done, He has become one with my spirit and the life I live, I live by faith in Him....oh His yoke is so easy and His burden is so light........

No comments: