Friday, January 11, 2008

Lifting up spirits through praise and worship.......

I am having a woe is me day......dreary, PMS, up alot in then night with the baby, again! Four crazy boys, in a tiny house!!! Something inside me wants to scream...but I know this is a temporary emotional moment and I WILL make it....I WILL get by....right?? When my emotions take me where I don't want to go, often I will go and listen to Worship music and fill my soul and spirit with praise for my King and Saviour.......today, I was tempted to stay in my emotional woe and ICK.....but my wonderful musician of a husband got out his guitar, out of the blue and starting singing worship songs, I quickly perked up and joined right in.....sigh of relief, cares and worries and emotions melted right away as I was reminded of the joy I have in praising the Lord, just lifting up my voice to Him..........here are the words to one of my favorite worship song, I guess it just kinda sums up my constant heart to God.....

I cry out for your hand of mercy to heal me, I am weak and I need your love to free me, O Lord, My Rock, My Strength in Weakness come rescue me....For you are my Hope, Your promise never fails me, and my desire is to follow You forever, for You are Good, for You are Good, for You are good to me!

2 comments:

Steve & Katie LaBs said...

I'm glad you were able to experience Him today amidst the craziness! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I read your Jan. 12 posting before your Jan. 11th one...another one of my favorite songs!! :)