Friday, January 4, 2008

"Everything"

Okay so I have seen this video clip on a few other blogs and have found myself watching it over and over again and weeping every time...I guess it's worthy of it's own post ....check it out...


HE will never forsake us!!!

Jesus is all I want, He's all I need - He's EVERYTHING!!!!

(Add in:)

So I was just talking with a friend about this video/skit, and he was wondering if it depicted Christ well or not...and I suppose that is a very good question to talk about. Here are some of my thoughts. The skit shows a girl come alive to Christ, maybe she just got saved and was made aware of the reality that Christ is with her and loves her lavishly, which he does....they enjoy sweet fellowship together, when along comes this "person" that distracts her from Christ for a minute, she doesn't want to walk away from Christ, but this other "person" lays it on thick and it seems as though he wins her momentary affection, however she is quite confused, and tries to get back to Christ....then along comes the offer of wealth tempting her and she tries to grab a hold of it but it is a fight, (remember back to when Christ was lovingly handing her blessings just to show her his affection) so now she grows more confused as she gets pulled yet again farther away by the temptation of wild partying fun and alcohol, she doesn't want it, then a beautiful woman tortures her, look at me, I am so glamorous, uh you're not....leaving her feeling low self worth on top of all the other empty/false lives the others try to get her to accept...then the enemy comes and says hey you feel so horrible, here just end it, he really lays it on thick.....meanwhile all this time Christ is there saying I am here, I'm not going anywhere, I want you -he begins to reel her back, or redeem her from the pit....she realizes he died for me so I can have life(my interpretation based on Christ acting out a death on the cross moment) what am I doing I am not staying here in this hell, and she fights her way back, but really it's him drawing her...and then you see this very real scenario of warfare, which Christ ultimately triumphs and they are reuinited .......! It's powerful and beautiful.....
So, does it seem like Christ is helpless to you.....or do you see that the enemy can pull us away from Christ at times, however, once we are united to Christ we will be his forever and he will always draw us back.....to me it shows a picture of my own life, at times the world or people or whatever took me away from my first love.....I do not believe it portrays a powerless Jesus, he knows right when to step in....I also think we need to believe by Faith, and that is what happened for the girl, she finally remembered the life he gave her and it was all she wanted...that's when Jesus began to break through mightily........it is so moving to me because it reminds me of my own life .....

Another thought, the tempters in this case looked mostly worldly and would seem to be more obvious tempters, however if I could add another character it would be the religiuos zealot trying to get her to get her act together, get it right, behave, obey the law, look externally righteous...I truly believe the enemy gets behind religion as well.......not everyone has a messy life and run ins with "worldly temptations", there are alot of people who could watch this and not be affected or moved because they didn't experience these kinds of struggles or temptations......that's why I have to add this additional character...

This is my personal interpretation and my thoughts..take them or leave them....or let me know what you think or how you'd interpret the story.......or how it impacted to you.......

No comments: