Saturday, September 6, 2008

Delicate graceful reminders of simplicity and freedom.....



Hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. The hummingbirds delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation.
I am beginning to rediscover myself. All the things I once loved and was passionate about, went somewhere by the wayside, during my stay in the ministry of death. Now that life has come back to me, I have re-awakened to the me that I really am!!
Butterflies, birds, hummingbirds, clouds, flowers, gardening, rainbows, nature calls to me! Somehow, I find out more about myself by connecting with God's creation! Maybe it's because in nature, things happen naturally!! Oh how I just want to be free to live free flowing and natural!! I think we can learn a lot from observing hummingbirds and various other creatures. They just are! They just do what they naturally know to do!! The Father promises to clothe and feed them!

"Where is the person who, on seeing this lovely little creature moving on humming winglets through the air, suspended as if by magic in it, flitting from one flower to another, with motions as graceful as they are light and airy, pursuing its course over our extensive continent, and yielding new delights wherever it is seen;--who, on observing this glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and instantly turn his mind with reverence toward the Almighty Creator, the wonders of whose hand we at every step discover, and of whose sublime conceptions we everywhere observe the manifestations in His admirable system of creation?--There breathes not such a person; so kindly have we all been blessed with that intuitive and noble feeling--admiration!
~ John James Audubon

4 comments:

Jamie said...

How did I miss this post????

I LOVE IT! :)

lydia said...

It's because I had just posted it last night, I had it as a draft to this date, but never found the pictures I wanted.........anyway was doing some tidying up on my blog and finally got around to posting it!!

:)

Sheila said...

::standing up slowly::

"My name is Sheila, and I am a hummingbirdaholic."

(Uh...I'm pretty sure I'm at the right support group...)

I am sooooo sad our little guys have gone south for the winter. I haven't had the heart yet to take down our SIX feeders, clean them, and store them until next (and exactly) April 5. They make their spring re-appearance the same week every year - that first week in April.

Anyhow, Lydia, I *just* realized that I had not linked your blog on mine. OOPS! Sometimes I wonder about myself...I had thought you were there, and when I looked, you weren't. I think I lost you, that time I lost several blogs...I was (still am) new to blogging, and didn't save some changes properly, and thought I was fine.

Anyhooooooo. Consider yourself linked. :-)

Have a great day, my girl!

lydia said...

You forgot to mention how long you have been one, a hummingbirdaholic, that is! Funny .....

By the way, I love your picture, so nice to have a face to know you by!!

That is so cool that they come back on the same day every year!! I have been begging my family for a feeder for years, but alas they always seem to forget.....!!

Well golly thanks for linking me.....!!

May you experience Him in some wonderful way today!! Peace to you!