Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Never a dull moment.........





My family just returned from a vacation at the beach. Thus my silence. Life has been full and it seems as though my mind is so full with being a mommy that I can't even begin to think about what to share on my blog anymore! So I decided to share about my family and my life as a mommy, raising my little ones, and enjoying them to the fullest!! Some of those who read here may or may not know that we(or should I say "I") homeschool our boys! So, it's pretty crazy in my home! Never a dull moment, and my kids don't seem to need to sleep, ever!! I am consumed with caring for kids to the crack of dawn, 'til the sun goes down, on a daily basis........whew!!
There are so many ways that I learn more about God, and his love for me, just by being a parent. I am so in awe of the fact that God is infinitely patient. This is something I long to see develop in me. When I struggle with patience, which is every day, I just remember His divine patience with me! Thank you Lord!! Another, thing that I am beginning to see more in my life as a mom, is how to be fully accepting and understanding of my kids, especially when they are acting crazy or behaving badly. I am learning not to look at their outward behaviour, but instead trying to understand them and why they are troubled. I ask a lot of questions, and validate their fears and feelings, attempting to help them process life for themselves as well as make good choices. This is a never-ending wild ride - parenting!!
I love the privilege of being a parent, it's such an awesome gift!! At the same time, it's quite challenging. I wonder if God feels that way about His children.............

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Lydia Joy!
I have missed you and wondered about your silence and prayed for you; I hope your vacation was exceptional!
What beautiful boys! You are blessed. :)
I don't think God would change a thing. Isn't it sad that some people see Him as a "bad" parent?
Welcome back!

lydia said...

Thanks Jamie ~ and thanks for praying too!
I realized I unfortunately did not get a picture of my littlest one on vacation....aah well, another post perhaps!
I also don't have my laptop these days, it died and I am waiting for a replacement, so I have to use my husband's laptop when he is not using it, and trying to find a free moment from my four blessings to write a post has proved to be quite challenging!!

Ursula Kuba said...

Blessings on you Lydia Joy.

Looks like you had a fabulous holiday...and sounds like you are an awesome mom!

Good to see you back!!!!

lydia said...

Aww, thanks so much Ursula - Blessings to you as well!!

Bino M. said...

Beautiful pictures of your boys!
Ya, parenting! I hear ya! I have a 4 year old and 2 year old!

lydia said...

Thanks Bino! 2 and 4 those are fun ages, right now I have almost 10, almost 6, 3 and 1!!!